Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Repetition in Poetry

Hi guys, I know I've been lecturing for awhile on all sorts of things to include in your poetry and stories. But I realized an important component of teaching lies in demonstration. So I'll do my best to give you some examples of the ideas that I've been explaining. This is a short little poem that utilizes repetition, what do you think? Emphatic or monotonic?

Pronoun

She
She is the one who says she needs No One.
She doesn't need to be with others
She doesn't need consolation or comfort
She is above all these humanitarian needs.

But

He
He is the one she needs.
He is everything and anything
He gives consolation and comfort
He wants her to feel better.

But

They
They have their struggles and fights
They have their make up's and fixes
They are interconnected
They love each other.

But

No One
No One can explain this chemistry
No One would have guessed
No One would have known
No One is lonelier than her.

No comments:

Post a Comment